Some good feedback from the last Introduction to Mindfulness session held in Wigan and Leigh yesterday on behalf of the Staying Health Group …see below.
Over the past 12months we have offered an Introduction to Mindfulness for Families in
Wigan and Leigh -10 members – evaluation commets see below
Prescott – 12 members where a number of families asked for more sessions.
5 Boroughs – 14 Family members attended
- Excellent course, found it really beneficial in helping me to reduce stress and to be in the present
- Would be great to have a longer session to gain more knowledge
- The course was well delivered and it was clear the facilitator was very knowledgeable. Really enjoyed the session. A longer course would be helpful.
- Thank you for the chance to take part in a very useful course. Would like to explore further.
- Excellent course, well presented, clear and concise. Would recommend to others.
- I think more mindfulness courses would be very beneficial
- Excellent- light at the end of the tunnel. More sessions so can look at it in depth.
- Found the course very good and would do it again
- Any further sessions of this type and we would be very interested. The opportunity for a retreat would be marvellous!
- Very good in that it provided an explanation about Mindfulness without trying to “teach” it in such a short time
NWTDT/Pathways have been working with PossAbilities CIC delivering a Welcome Values programme over the course of the past six months.
Our work with PossAbilities has been highlighted as good practise in a recent Big Lotteries Paper ‘Living Well with Dementia’.
Here’s the link to the paper – have a look…….. Living_Well_With_Dementia-1
Welcome Values will support the improvement of services and supports for people working in partnership with the people who use services, their families, allies, providers and commissioners.
Here’s a recent evaluation completed following a Welcome Values Programme delivered across some services supporting adults with a learning disability in Lancashire – http://www.welcomestandards.org.uk/the-evaluation/
Delivering Dignity in North Lancashire
By Dr Laurence Clark
Read More or Just click the link and download the report: Delivering Dignity Final Report-2
Read more ›
Please find Welcome Values evaluation you can download of our Welcome Values. The evaluation was carried out in December 2014 by the Pathways Associates Research Centre
Welcome Values evaluation - Word Document
The attachment tells the story of how the Welcome Values were and will be used by Lancashire County Council to help improve services for people with Learning Disabilities.
The Attachment was written by,
Community REngagement Officer
Central Lancashire Learning Disability Commissioning Team
Click Here: Driving up Quality & Welcome Values
We don’t want to appear too quiet, things are moving – and we’re so busy, so here’s a quick summary of the latest with Welcome Values:
- Castlebeck commission Welcome Values for Scottish Services for People with Learning Disabilities
- Two Welcome Values Reviews commissioned for Older People Services in North Lancashire due to start in September and October.
- Lancashire Learning Disability Services feedback day planned for late September.
Please contact us if you need any more information on this.
We presented the certificates to our Self Advocates who will be completing the welcome values at Castlebeck this week too for Wrokshop 3:
Second Welcome Values Workshop process well underway at Castlebeck by the end of the process over 10 self and peer advocates will be trained to monitor the quality of services in the North East and Midland services.Self advocates attend a number of workshops facilitated by Pathways to undertand the meaning of lifestyle outcomes and how to find out if they are happening in peoples lives,then work with their provider to improve services and make things happen!
Welcome Values Workshop 1 organised for 22nd of November in Lancashire with self advocates, family members commissioner, Sam Leonard and working with 6 providers in Lancashire including small, medium and large sized providers who support people with learning disabilities in supported living and residential care ….. after Workshop 1 we aim for Welcome Values visits to start!
Pathways met with Castlebeck Senior Management Team this week Tuesday 9th) for pre meeting. The meeting went very well and we will begin the workshops and visits in the new year… Debra Moore Castlebecks Group Director of Nursing and Patient Safety will lead the process internally with external facilitation from Pathways.
We have just launched our Welcome Values Website!
After some initial meetings, we have finally managed to launch our Welcome Values Website, be sure to check back here often, especially our Latest News & Blog pages, as they will be updated often, giving you a greater insight into everything we at Pathways Associates are doing to make Welcome Values a success for you!
Be sure to Recommend our website to your friends so they can see what we are up to as well. Spread the word!
We look forward to writing soon!